This is a 2 1/2-day training; attendance of all 2 1/2-days is required to receive certification. Substitutes/Walk-Ins will NOT be accepted due to the prerequisites required to attend.
This Training is to certify local ISD/RESA or district staff as a SWIS Facilitator who will assist their local schools with meeting SWIS readiness and implementation. A data based, decision-making model is presented. Information generated by SWIS is embedded in decision-making. The 2 1/2-day training focuses on using SWIS, teaching others to use SWIS, working with schools to prepare or SWIS compatibility, and working with team/coaches to apply a data based, decision-making model.
SWIS Facilitators are individuals employed by the state/district/region to provide assistance to schools. To obtain SWIS, a school must collaborate with a SWIS Facilitator. SWIS Facilitators have a portion of their workload allocated to the tasks associated with SWIS facilitation. SWIS Facilitators are trained during the 2 1/2-day workshop delivered by Certified SWIS Facilitator Trainers.
Becoming a SWIS Facilitator is MOST appropriate when:
- You have formal time allocated in your workload to perform SWIS Facilitator duties
- You implement SWIS with two or more schools in the next six months
- You are able to meet with implementing schools at least five times in a year to access school readiness, train staff, and meet with teams to build fluency in use of data for decision-making
SWIS Facilitator Training is NOT appropriate if:
- You are planning to implement SWIS in one school
- You do not have time allocated to work with schools
- You are not able to meet with implementing schools at least monthly during the three months post implementation
- Your only role is to enter or use SWIS data at your school