REWARDS® Plus builds on students’ familiarity with REWARDS strategies and engages them to apply the strategies to authentic content-area materials. The program enhances reading comprehension, increases fluency, introduces content-specific vocabulary, and builds expository writing skills. The goal of REWARDS Plus is to develop students’ capacity to successfully read social studies and science texts.
Why REWARDS Plus?
- Ensures transference of REWARDS word-attack strategies to social studies and science texts
- Provides extra practice and builds students’ stamina and automaticity in content-area classes
- Students learn to interpret and read advanced infographics, maps and timelines
- Deepens reading comprehension through close reading of informational text
- Builds content-specific vocabulary
- Builds expository writing skills through short answer, summary, and extended response writing
- Reading Interventionists
- Title I Teachers
- Secondary Teachers
The purpose of this training is to prepare educators to implement REWARDS Plus Science and Social Studies.