DIBELS Deep PA & WRD (Phonemic Awareness & Word Reading and Decoding) is an advanced diagnostic assessment tool designed to provide additional in-depth information to help improve instruction for students in grades K-6 and for older students with very low skills. It is un-timed and individually administered.
DIBELS Deep PA & WRD measures are rigorously researched and are:
- Used to assess each of the key basic early literacy skills: Phonological Awareness, Alphabetic Principle, Accuracy and Fluency with Connected Text, Comprehension, and Vocabulary
- Aligned with the CCSS
- Time-efficient and cost-effective
- Linked to DIBELS Next, but can be used for students not reaching benchmark on any screener.
Read more at: https://dibels.org/dibelsdeep.html.
Each participant who attends the full-day training will receive a DIBELS Deep PA & WRD Assessment kit.
This DIBELS Deep PA & WRD training is designed for individuals who are interested in using DIBELS Deep to gather additional diagnostic information about a student's reading skills. DIBELS Deep may be used anytime an educator would like to have additional assessment on a student who is not making sufficient progress and more information is needed for instructional planning.
The precise information from these assessments helps educators answer these questions:
- What types of support do students need (i.e., prompts, modeling, or scaffolding)?
- What specific skills should be the focus of instruction or intervention?
- What instructional strategies should be implemented?